CAREERS AT SPR
SPR Companies provides IT professionals and business experts with challenging and rewarding career opportunities to do what you do best—deliver results and fuel innovation. The work is challenging. The opportunities to learn, grow and contribute are abundant.
Our Senior Software Engineers are a driving force behind the success of our projects. They leverage a strong object-oriented analysis and design background in order to build sophisticated web-based systems using Java technologies. As a Senior Software Engineer, your day-to-day responsibilities are focused on writing code to deliver applications that will delight our customers. You engage in the full software development life cycle, including requirements-gathering; designing, developing, and testing software; project documentation; and mentoring both Redpoint and client developers. You also interact frequently with clients on site and may manage projects for a small team of engineers.
We’re looking for an experienced software engineer with 5+ years of experience developing web-based systems using Java/J2EE. The successful candidate will also have the following:
- Strong understanding of J2SE and J2EE APIs; ability to design UI navigation and create JSP pages; and implement complex business logic and database access
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with popular open source initiatives such as Hibernate, Spring, JUnit and the Apache Jakarta frameworks
- Prior experience gathering and documenting system requirements, using software patterns and other proven design idioms; implementing reusable libraries and frameworks; and using automated unit testing techniques highly desired
- Solid experience in agile development methodologies such as RUP, XP, or SCRUM and the development of web-based, rich client, and server-side software
- Successful track record of leading small-to-medium software development projects desired
- Last but not least, you should possess excellent speaking and writing skills, demonstrate a strong passion for learning, teaching, and using new technologies, and always be ready for your next big challenge!
- Competitive salary
- A professional, fun, fast-paced environment
- Ongoing training
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and 401K Benefits
- A culture that is exciting, sales driven, entrepreneurial and open minded
- A great support structure that allows you to focus on doing what you do best
- Desirable downtown Chicago location in Willis Tower
To apply or request more information, contact SPR at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEWS & EVENTS
President Obama Showcases Skills for Chicagoland's Future...>>
Reaching the Holy Grail of Effective Application Performance Testing and Analysis...>>
RECENT BLOG POSTS
Transform from "Concepts in Silos" to "Inspired Collaboration"
GAME CHANGER ECOSYSTEM
Have you recently been asked to manage innovation or develop your team to ...>>